Octo Group fully meets all provisions of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Octo Group is wholly committed to remaining transparent about the data we collect, process and store.
Consumer Rights under CCPA
- Right to request access to personal information from Octo Group, twice per year, at no charge. Access requests will be processed by Octo Group within 45 days, in a clear and understandable format. Octo Group will verify the identity of the consumer prior to providing the requested data.
- Right to access personal information that is sold. (Not applicable, as Octo Group does not sell personal information.)
- Right to request deletion of personal information collected or stored by Octo Group.
- Right of non-discrimination by Octo Group for exercising their consumer rights under CCPA.
Personal information collected by Octo Group in the past 12 months:
Octo Group typically only collects the following personal information:
- Unique identifiers
- GPS coordinates
- IP address
In certain cases, Octo Group may collect, process or store other information, based on contractual requirements or direction from Octo Group customers. In all cases, Octo Group only collects the minimum amount of personal information necessary to provide the services Octo Group offers.
Octo Group collects data from two different sources:
- Octo Group obtains data from the individual submitting the information. This information is provided by you to Octo Group when creating an account to use Octo Group services.
- Octo Group gathers information based on the individual’s interaction with Octo Group’s website, application or other services.
Purposes of personal information collection
Sale of personal information in the last twelve months
Under no circumstances does Octo Group sell personal information data. No personal information is disseminated by Octo Group to third-parties for monetary value. The consumer right to opt-out of data sales does not apply to the nature of Octo Group’s business. This includes the CCPA provision regarding the sale of data belonging to minors.
California residents may exercise their consumer rights under the CCPA by contacting Octo Group via email email@example.com