Please remember that a device will activate only if:
· The vehicle on which the device is installed is within GSM field coverage
· The vehicle on which the device is installed is within GPS field coverage
So the vehicle must be in an open space. Furthermore:
· The vehicle’s battery must be full
· The IMEI associated to the relevant voucher must be the same installed on the vehicle.
In case of no activation please check:
· That the RED LED on the device is blinking (for the devices with a LED)
· That the power is correctly connected
· That the permanent positive wire is not connected to a time-managed power source and that the fuse eventually inserted is working
· That the IGN ON wire is connected to a reliable +15/54 power line and that the fuse eventually inserted is working
· That the ground wire is connected to a stable vehicle ground point. It is recommended to use a native vehicle’s ground point/derivation.
Any electrical measurement performed to validate the over reported bullets must be performed with a digital multimeter.
Verify with Virtual Sat programmer (where available) that all the device’s components show correct values (GPS, Crash sensor, etc.)
Check all the connection in proximity of the connectors between the harness and the device itself.
In case of doubts, check with another harness that the cable pin out is correct and that the power lines connected arrive to the right points into the device.
For the devices provided with external crash sensor and/or accessories, check their correct installation and configuration as indicated into the installation manual and procedures.
Perform a physical reset of the device (disconnect the power and reconnect it after at least 5 minutes) before contacting Help Desk for support.