INFORMATION NOTE FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
pursuant to art. 13 of EU Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”)
The company Octo Telematics S.p.A., with registered office in Via Vincenzo Lamaro, 51 00173 – Rome, Tax ID code and VAT number 03499230963, registered at Rome’s Business and Trade registry with the number: R.E.A. 1186572(“Octo”), as data controller (hereinafter, the “Data Controller”), will process your personal data (“Personal Data”) pursuant to this information note (“Information note“), in accordance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) no. 679 dated 27 April 2016, the so-called General Data Protection Regulation or “Regulation“, as well as of Legislative Decree no. 196 dated 30 June 2003 – as amended by L. Decree 101/2018 – bearing the “Italian Personal Data Protection Code“, as amended or replaced from time to time (jointly, the “Applicable Privacy Laws“).
Data Protection Officer
The Data Controller has appointed a Data Protection Officer (“DPO” or “RDP” in Italy) who can be contacted at the following addresses:
Octo Telematics S.p.A.
Via Vincenzo Lamaro 51
Subject matter and method of processing
We hereby inform you that, for the purpose of your participation in the Octo Connected Forum event to be held on 17 September 2021 (hereinafter, the “Event”), the Data Controller will process the personal identification data communicated by you while registering for the Event itself.
These personal identification data are:
- name and surname;
- phone number;
For the purposes of this information note, Personal Data processing means any operation or set of operations carried out, including with the aid of automated processes and applied to the Personal Data, in compliance with the provisions of the Applicable Privacy Laws. Please also note that this Personal Data will be processed manually and/or with the aid of computerised and/or telematic means.
Purpose and legal basis of the processing
The Data Controller will process your Personal Data exclusively for purposes related to the management, organization and conduct of the Event, including the sending of information communications related to the Event itself.
The provision of your Personal Data is necessary to allow you to complete your registration request and to participate in the Event.
Furthermore, the Data Controller may process your Personal Data for the following additional purposes:
- sending newsletters relating to OCTO information material (optional);
- the collection and processing of data by OCTO for marketing purposes (optional); and
In both of these cases indicated above sub lett. a), b) and c), the legal basis of the processing will be your consent.
We will not use your Personal Data for any other or additional purposes than those described in this information note, unless by informing you in advance and, where necessary, by obtaining your consent.
Recipients of the personal data
Your Personal Data may be made accessible, for the purposes mentioned above:
- to employees and collaborators of the Data Controller who are in charge of the data processing or to Octo Group companies;
- to third-party companies or other subjects (“Third Parties”) who carry out activities on behalf of the Data Controller, in their capacity as external data processors, in compliance with the provisions of the applicable Privacy Law; and
- if consent is given for the purposes referred to in letter c), to the partner companies of the Event.
Personal Data retention period
The Personal Data processed for the aforementioned purposes will be kept in compliance with the principles of proportionality and necessity, and in any case until the purposes of the processing have been completed. Your Personal Data processed for the purpose of participating in the Event, except for specific needs, will be kept for no more than 15 days from the Event itself (except for disputes, requests from the competent authorities or applicable legal provisions).
Your Personal Data processed for the purposes of (a) sending newsletters and (b) collecting and processing data for marketing purposes and (c) transmitting data to the partner companies of the event will be stored and processed until revocation of the consent, which can be made by sending timely communication to the email email@example.com (except for disputes, requests from the competent authorities or applicable legal provisions).
At the end of these periods, the Personal Data will be deleted or made anonymous.
Rights of data subjects
Pursuant to art. 15 – 21 of the GDPR, as regards the Personal Data transmitted, you have the right to exercise the following rights:
- to obtain confirmation of the existence or not of data concerning you and to their communication in an intelligible form at any time;
- to access said data;
- to verify and ask for information on the content, origin, purpose of the processing and related methods, including the logic underlying the processing carried out through automated means;
- to obtain the identification details of the data controller and of the processors;
- to request the integration, updating, correction of the Personal Data;
- to obtain their limitation, cancellation, transformation into anonymous form, to block these if in breach of the law and to request confirmation that these operations were brought to the attention of those to whom the data were disclosed or disseminated;
- to object to their processing for legitimate reasons;
- the right to freely withdraw consent at any time to the processing of personal data, where given;
- to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured format, commonly used and readable by an automatic device, including for transmitting these to another data controller (so-called data portability);
- to lodge a complaint with the Guarantor for the protection of personal data (also through the website www.garanteprivacy.it).
Except as stated above regarding the possibility of lodging a complaint with the Italian Data Protection Authority, you can exercise your privacy rights by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or, by ordinary mail, to the Data Controller’s address provided above.